Saturday 19 April 2008

I can love Yoyoyo Acapulco in a wheelchair baby

This next band, Yoyoyo Acapulco, are from Norway, and to me sound sort of like a stripped down version of I'm From Barcelona, complete with kazoos and ukulele. They were recommended to me by a friend, who all-to-well knew how predictably I'd like them!


They released the following ep last year on vinyl (see following scanned copy):






I contacted them via their myspace, and the singer Arne Martin Barlund responded and was most nice. I paypal'ed some Euros to get the vinyl and a nice cd version of it also, so I was able to keep my vinyl all nice and shrink-wrapped. I imagine the vinyl itself looks something like this:



It's hard for me to decide which of the 5 songs I love the most, as they're all cool. But here are a couple of their videos from the 'tube:

F-Word:




& Indian Summer



The above song isn't on the ep, but I remember it from my investigating days, with the tree-playing, ukulele and kazoo appealing to my Barcelona'esque loving. The video looks like it is from (possibly?) a Scandinavian version of Blogotheque/Take Away Shows. A quick skim through seems like Handheld Shows my be worth further investigating.

No comments: