Monday 7 April 2008

...& listen to Hjaltalín


Another blog among millions, hooray. Should have nice music on it I would like to think.

I've decided that my first post will be about this lovely Icelandic band called Hjaltalín.



Their myspace says that they sound like: 'drums, guitars, bass, piano, violin, cello, bassoon, clarinet, bass clarinet, keybord, accordion, harmonium, banjo, trumpet, trombone, french horn and vocals' which I suppose is true. But they are even better than the sum of all those great parts.

Go to their myspace and download Goodbye July / Margt Að Ugga and be prepared to listen to it repeatedly. & still you won't become sick of it.

& then here is a youtube video of them performing on Icelandic tele, which cemented my love for them with their snazzy style of dress. They seem to dress normally, err, normally, but the big hats and cane in this performance just added to the greatness of it for me.



Their album was released last year at the end of 2007, and you can buy it from Iceland here: http://kimi.grapewire.net/
I've ashamedly not bought it yet, but apparently it's going to be released in Scandinavia in the next couple of months (with extra brass!), so I shall instead buy that 2008 release so that I can rant about it again at the end of the year.

New addition:
A lovely acoustic version of their Traffic Music has just been put on youtube, and sounds as beautiful as you could wish for.

No comments: